Arts, Culture, Religion
Arts and cultural activities are popular pursuits in the Town and County of Barrhead. The community hosts a large number of active and talented art and cultural groups.
Above: Barrhead Art Club Members present their Pastel pieces.
Barrhead & District Adult Learning Council
Offers various arts and crafts courses and workshops from September through June.
The Barrhead Arts Council
Hosts national and international entertainment at least 5 times a year.
Barrhead Community Theater
Offers a number of theater productions throughout the year. This talented group of amateur performers and singers have presented works such as "The King and I" and "Annie Get Your Gun to The Odd Couple."
Barrhead Photo Club
Barrhead Art Club
With over 30 active members, the club presents two shows annually, and on a rotating basis at the Barrhead Public Library Gallery and at the Pembina Hills Regional Division Head Office. The club offers workshops and regular lessons at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level. A number of artists have received recognition as juried members of the Alberta Society of Artists and The Federation of Canadian Artists.
- Potters Guild
- Spinners and Weavers
- Town & Country Art Club
- Barrhead Gemseekers
- Footworks Dance Academy
- Just Dance Studio
- Classes jazz, ballet, tap - children and adults
- Madrigal Singers
- Country Opry
- Rejoicing Voices
- Barrhead Senior Versatiles
- Camp Creek Community
- Camp Creek Ladies Club
- MTM Recreation Centre
- Highridge & District Agricultural Society
- T & M Beef
- Glenreagh Community Association
- MTM Horse
- Meadowview Community Association
- Mosside Community Hall
- Summerdale Community Hall
- Gardenview Community Club
- Barrhead & District Agricultural Society
- Royal Canadian Air Cadets
- Cubs, Beavers, and First Barrhead Scout Group
- Brownies and Girl Guides
- 4-H Clubs - look on www.4h.ab.ca for club finder information (6 clubs are active in the County)
- Barrhead Public Library (housed in the Barrhead Elementary School)
- Neerlandia Community Library (housed in the Neerlandia School
- Barrhead & District Reading & Writing Program
Barrhead & District Twinning Committee
Organizes and supports cultural exchanges with sister towns Tokoro (Japan) and Drouin (Australia), recently celebrated it's 25th anniversary, here in Barrhead with a delegation from Tokoro. Veiw the full picture slide show here at: http://megankrusephotography.pixieset.com/twinning25thanniversary/ .