The County of Barrhead Public Works is responsible for maintaining the roadways and facilities within the County. This includes road bans, snow clearing, gravelling, landfills, transfer stations, and the airport. We strive to keep the roads passable, safe and in the best condition we can with the resources available. If you are aware of any issues or concerns, please call and advise County staff.
If you have any questions relating to projects specific to your area, please call the Public Works Department at 780-674-2619, or your local Councillor.
Please remember to slow down appropriately for the road conditions, for your safety and ours!
NOTICE TO RESIDENTS
PRIVATE DUST CONTROL PROGRAM 2017 - TBA
Contact the Public Works Shop at 780-674-2619 if you have any questions.
- Roadway maintenance including grading, snow plowing, and winter sanding.
- Mowing grass and brushing of County roadways.
- Repairs to pavement and asphalt surfaces.
- Line painting on paved roadways.
- Regravelling of existing gravelled roads.
- Application of Dust Control Treatments.
- Installation and maintenance of signs, barriers, and other traffic control devices.
- Roadway controls such as weight restrictions and road use agreements.
- Road reconstruction.
Fleet & Facilities
- Airport maintenance.
- Operation of equipment shop for repair and maintenance of all municipal equipment.
- Maintenance of facilities under County jurisdiction.