The County of Barrhead, together with the Town of Barrhead, Community Futures Yellowhead East, and Barrhead & District Chamber of Commerce, have compiled the resources that are available to employees and businesses in our region faced with financial challenges presented by the COVID-19 crisis.
COVID-19 has presented workers with layoffs and enforced self-isolations. As a result, an unprecedented amount of citizens are in need of financial assistance.
Below you will find a compilation of the resources available for those individuals who can no longer work due to self-isolation, those caring for children now out of school or child care, and those who are caring for someone who is suffering from COVID-19 or have contracted COVID-19 themselves.
Government of Alberta
- $7 million to Kick-Start Social Recovery (November 25, 2021)
- Alberta Jobs Now Program
- Regional Relief & Recovery Fund
Government of Canada
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - Apply online for programs, benefits, and supports
- Service Canada: Support for Seniors
- Service Canada: Support for Youth
- Service Canada: General
- Service Canada: Businesses
Employers and Businesses
This is a difficult time for businesses and employers. The requirement for the public to socially distance means that storefronts are seeing fewer patrons, and other businesses are experiencing a significant decline in requests for their products and services. While some businesses are able to retool and adapt to the changing market, others are left with their hands tied - laying off staff.
In order to assist our local business community, we have compiled a list of services being provided by the provincial and federal governments in support of economic sustainability.
- Employer Training Supports for Agri-Businesses
- COVID-19 Supports for Employers and Employees (Alberta Biz Connect)
- Resources for Canadian Businesses - Financial support, loans, and access to credit
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - Apply online for programs, benefits, and supports for your business
- Updated Small Business Wage Subsidy
- Support for businesses implementing Restrictions Exemption Program (November 16, 2021)
- Additional COVID-19 Support for Small Businesses (February 17, 2021)
- COVID-19 and Business Insurance
- Western Economic Diversification Support
- Agricultural FCC Support
- Site Rehabilitation Program - Grant funding for eligible oil & gas service companies for abandonment and reclamation work
Human Resource Information
Business Continuity Information
- Alberta Pandemic Preparedness Checklist for Business
- Continuity Plan Toolkit for Entrepreneurs
- Tips for Alberta Business and Community Leaders