County of Barrhead is committed to providing newcomers with access to the information & supports they need to prosper in Canada. Local, provincial, and federal resources will be used to ease the transition to our community.
- We are currently pursuing partnerships & agreements with local support services to determine roles & responsibilities for newcomer supports.
- Opportunity Alberta
- Learn how to make Alberta your new home. Find helpful pre-arrival services here.
- Alberta Advantage Immigration Program
- Runs the Rural Renewal immigration stream, and nominates individuals for permanent residence in Alberta.
- Canadian Newcomer Services
- Central online hub for newcomer support services in Canada; find local services near you!
- Welcome to Canada
- What to do before and after you arrive in Canada.
- Living in Canada Guide
- Fill out a short questionnaire about your current situation, and get advice on what you need to settle in a community.
- Permanent Resident Services
- Information on permanent residency, how to apply, and what's involved.