Enforcement Services

  • Font SizeA
  • A
  • A

County of Barrhead employs a full-time Community Peace Officer to provide bylaw and provincial statute enforcement throughout the County.

The Peace Officer is employed by the municipality, and is in uniform operating a fully marked emergency vehicle.

Inquiries & Complaints:
If you have questions or complaints relating to a municipal bylaw or provincial offence, contact the CPO complaint line:
Call: 780-284-9757
What can our CPO do? 
The County's Peace Officer is legislated by Alberta Public Safety & Emergency Services to enforce several municipal and provincial statues, and is responsible for:
  • County infrastructure protection,
  • Traffic safety on all roads within the County, 
  • Enforcing and investigating municipal bylaw complaints,
  • Assisting the RCMP, Alberta Sheriffs, Forestry and other external agencies,
  • Assisting County departments when required (Planning & Development, Regional Fire Department)
Our Peace Officer is authorized to enforce all municipal bylaws for the County of Barrhead. In addition to municipal bylaws, our Peace Officer is appointed to enforce the following provincial legislation: