The County of Barrhead has a number of bylaws in place for the regulation and control of various matters including land use, vehicle weight restrictions and speed limits on local roads, dog control, off highway vehicles, noise, unsightly premises, fire control and fireworks. Where citizen activities or property conditions don’t meet accepted municipal standards, the County may provide education, warnings, inspections, and apply penalties.
The County does not employ a Community Peace Officer. Our bylaw enforcement services, when required, are provided through contracted services from nearby municipalities. If you have a bylaw complaint, please call me, the County Manager, who will note the details of your complaint and determine the direction to be taken to remedy the problem, which MAY include utilizing the services of a Community Peace Officer.
Here are a few of our frequently asked questions about bylaws and a bit of information about them.
- 2019 Rates of Taxation - Bylaw 1-2019
- Assessment Review Boards - LARBs and CARBs - Bylaw 4-2019
- By-law Enforcement Officer - Bylaw 15-95
- Council Code of Conduct - Bylaw 3-2017
- Dog Control - Bylaw 3-2003
- Fireworks - Bylaw 7-2014
- General Penalties - Bylaw 4-87
- Noise and Pollution Bylaw 47-85
- Off Highway Vehicle Bylaw 7-2010
- Prevention & Control of Fires - Bylaw 8-2013
- Public Places & Assemblies - Bylaw 54-83
- Public Reserves - Bylaw 50-85
- Rural Addressing - Bylaw 4-2006
- Tax Penalty - Bylaw 2-2019
- Unsightly Premises - Bylaw 7-99
- Water and Sewer Utility Rates Amendment - Bylaw 6-2018