Fire Guardians - 2021 Season
Fire Permits are required year round in the County of Barrhead - Click here for the 2021/2022 fire guardian listing.
Types of burns requiring a permit:
- Burn Barrels or Incinerators
- Brush Piles (Hand-Piled or Machine-Piled)
- Yard Clean-Up/Debris
- Dry Grass/Stubble
- Old Buildings
- Root Piles or Rows
- Slab Piles
- Smudge/Sweat Lodge
Phone BEFORE You BURN - 780-674-2087
For ALL Fires other than Burn Barrels
BEFORE YOU BURN:
•Please CALL THE DAY BEFORE LIGHTING THE FIRE.
NOTE: If you plan to light the fire on a Sunday or a Monday, call on the Friday prior.
•If there is no answer at the number – PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE with the following information:
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO PROVIDE WHEN YOU PHONE:
Reminder: If there is no answer, please leave a message with all the information.
1. Your name and phone number, and cell phone number if you have one,
2. Your Fire Permit Number,
3. The legal land location of the fire (Example: Northeast corner of NE 14-61-6-W5M),
4. The approximate time you are starting the fire, and the approximate time the fire will be extinguished (FIRES MUST BE EXTINGUISHED BEFORE THE EXPIRY OF YOUR FIRE PERMIT),
5. A brief description of the fire (Example: 3 Brush piles)
(Reminder: Don’t phone in for burn barrels.)
NOTE: A permitted fire is required to be under control and supervised.
The purpose of phoning before you light your permitted fire is to improve the effectiveness of the Fire Department and to reduce costs and dangers.
If the Fire Department receives a call from 911 saying that there is a fire, the Fire Department is legally bound to respond.
Valuable time can be saved if the Fire Department knows ahead of time when fires are lit, what type of fire is burning, who is responsible for it, and how to easily get in touch with the landowner.
The information you provide will be posted on the message board at the Fire Department.
The location only of the fire will be posted on the Fire Department’s Facebook page to inform the Fire Fighters about the permitted fires that are burning in our County.
PLEASE NOTE: NAMES AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE POSTED ON THE FIRE DEPARTMENT’S FACEBOOK PAGE.