Barrhead & District FCSS is a partnership between the Province of Alberta, the Town and County of Barrhead, and the Barrhead community. FCSS develops preventative social services to enhance the well being of individuals & families.
- Drive Happiness:
- Drive Happiness provides safe, reliable, and affordable transportation for seniors through volunteer drivers. Click here for more information on becoming a rider or a volunteer!
- Senior's Dinners:
- Third Friday of the month at the Senior's Drop In Center. Charge is $15, please phone the FCSS office to reserve your seat. Doors open at 11:00 am for a free blood pressure clinic, followed by dinner at noon.
- Gentle Exercise Class:
- Every Thursday, except the third Thursday of each month, from 10:30 – 11:30 am. No charge.
- Coffee Time:
- Every Thursday, except the third Thursday of each month, from 2:00 – 3:30 pm. Coffee is $3.00.
- Home Support:
- Light house keeping for seniors. Call the FCSS office and speak to Debbie White.
- Senior’s Book Club:
- Call the FCSS office to register, no charge and you can keep the book
- Barrhead Elementary School Lunch:
- Offered daily for students grades 1-6. Subsidized lunches available for low-income families.
- Barrhead Food Bank:
- Open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. By appointment only, please call their cell number: 780-284-7390.
For more information about any of the programs and services available at FCSS, visit their website www.fcssbarrhead.com, or contact their office at:
- Phone: 780-674-3341
- Fax: 780-674-4571
- Mail: Box 4616, Barrhead, Alberta T7N 1A5
Barrhead & District FCSS is located at 5115-45 St, Barrhead, Alberta