Barrhead and District Family and Community Support Services Society
FCSS is a partnership between the Province of Alberta, the Town and County of Barrhead, and the people of the community. They are community based and volunteer supported. Their role is to develop locally driven preventative social services to enhance the well being of individuals, families, and communities. FCSS is involved in direct service programs as well as community planning. If you see a need in the community or if you have an idea for a program they will be happy to discuss it with you.
Funding for FCSS is provided by Child and Family Services Authority (CFSA), the Town and County of Barrhead, and residents of the greater Barrhead community with donations (both cash and in-kind).
- Drive Happiness:
- Drive Happiness provides safe, reliable, and affordable transportation for seniors through volunteer drivers. Click here for more information on becoming a rider or a volunteer!
- Senior's Dinners:
- Third Friday of the month at the Senior's Drop In Center. Charge is $15, please phone the FCSS office to reserve your seat. Doors open at 11:00 am for a free blood pressure clinic, followed by dinner at noon.
- Gentle Exercise Class:
- Every Thursday, except the third Thursday of each month, from 10:30 – 11:30 am. No charge.
- Coffee Time:
- Every Thursday, except the third Thursday of each month, from 2:00 – 3:30 pm. Coffee is $3.00.
- Home Support:
- Light house keeping for seniors. Call the FCSS office and speak to Debbie White.
- Senior’s Book Club:
- Call the FCSS office to register, no charge and you can keep the book
- Barrhead Elementary School Lunch:
- Offered daily for students grades 1-6. Subsidized lunches available for low-income families.
- Barrhead Food Bank:
- Open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. By appointment only, please call their cell number: 780-284-7390.
For more information about any of the programs and services available at FCSS, visit their website www.fcssbarrhead.com, or contact their office at:
- Phone: 780-674-3341
- Fax: 780-674-4571
- Mail: Box 4616, Barrhead, Alberta T7N 1A5
Barrhead & District FCSS is located at 5115-45 St, Barrhead, Alberta