A Message from the County of Barrhead Director of Emergency Management
Effective March 18, 2020, the County of Barrhead Administration and Public Works offices will be closed to the public until further notice. The County is actively monitoring the COVID-19 public health risk and will follow protocols laid out by Alberta Public Health Authorities.
All other County-non-essential services will continue to be delivered but through alternate options as public access to County buildings is not permitted. County staff can assist you by:
- Phone: 780-674-3331
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 780-674-2777
- Regular Mail: County of Barrhead, 5306 49 St, Barrhead AB T7N 1N5
Payments can be made online by electronic fund transfer (EFT) and e-transfer. If you need assistance to make online payments to the County, please call the office.
Check the County website regularly for updates on COVID-19, County services, and to find other resources and information.
County has cancelled all non-essential meetings and events until further notice.
The health and safety of our staff and our community is our top priority.
Everyone needs to take responsibility and do their part to limit and contain the spread of COVID-19.
What is Coronavirus?
This video was shared with us by the Alberta Emergency Management Agency and filmed by CBC.
What can the public do to protect themselves?
- Wash your hands often and well with soap and water
- Cover your cough - cough into your elbow to avoid spreading the virus with contaminated hands
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill (Tips on how to self-isolate)
- Individuals with concerns about symptoms should call health Link (811) unless severely ill, in which case you should call 911 and inform the operator that you suspect COVID-19
Current Risk in the County of Barrhead
The risk is low, at this time. There have been 2 confirmed cases of the virus in the County of Barrhead. Aggregate data, showing cases by age range and zone, as well as by local geographical areas, is available online at https://covid19stats.alberta.ca.
Important updates from credible sources: