Health and Wellness: Tools and Resources
County of Barrhead is committed to promoting health and wellness within our community. Please see below for a number of educational tools and resources.
Local addiction and mental health resources can be accessed through Alberta Health Services - Addiction and Mental Health. To get set up with addiction or mental health support in your area, call the central intake line at 1-888-594-0211 and select option 1 for North Zone.
- Alberta COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub
- Togetherall is a free online service, available to all Albertans 24/7. This service allows people to provide and receive peer support to improve mental health. Trained practitioners are available for inquiries and to keep the community safe.
- The Do More Agriculture Foundation is a not-for-profit organization focusing on mental health in agriculture across Canada.
- Mental Health Support for First Responders: The Alberta government is providing funding to the Heroes in Mind, Advocacy and Research Consortium (HiMARC) to support mental health for military and first responders.
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
- Addiction Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
- Rural Distress/Crisis Line: 1-800-232-7288
- Hope for Wellness Helpline (First Nations/Metis/Inuit): 1-855-242-3310
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or text CONNECT to 686868
- Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437
- Child & Family Services (after hours): 1-800-638-0715
- Income Supports: 1-866-644-5135
- Physician & Family Support Program: 1-877-767-4637
- Jessie's House is a 35-bed women's shelter in Morinville, serving women seeking shelter in rural Sturgeon County, St. Albert and the greater Edmonton region.