A recycling station is located within the Town of Barrhead at the Public Works yard located at 4406 62A Ave. As well, a recycling station is located at the Regional Landfill.
- Cardboard Corrugated, cereal boxes (flattened, bundled or bagged). No wax boxes.
- Paper Newsprint, magazines, catalogs, white or colored ledger paper and computer paper.
- Tin Soup cans, juice cans, pet food cans, etc. (cleaned, rinsed and labels removed).
- Plastics All plastic #1 to #7 (cleaned and rinsed), includes milk jugs, yogurt containers, any refundable plastic and juice boxes. NO PLASTIC BAGS, WRAP OR STYROFOAM
- Electronics Although we accept all electronics, computers, computer accessories for recycling at no cost, they can only be accepted at the Barrhead Regional Landfill.
- No glass is being accepted at this time.
There is also an oil recycling station at the Regional Landfill, and drop off times are on Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Containers can be emptied into the receptacle, and used containers and pails can be left for pick up if no longer needed.